[CS-FSLUG] [Linux] Tentative new distribution: ElectrOS

Nathan Thompson celerate at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 13:30:38 CDT 2014

I understand the advice to save time, but one of the biggest reasons for
Linux distribution isn't an answer to the question "Why?" but rather "Why
not?". Even if I were to tell the people working on this distribution that
they are re-creating the wheel, they would still do it for the learning
experience.

For me, contributing to smaller distributions is a great way to cut my
teeth without an army of hundreds of contributors doing everything first. I
see this as an interesting opportunity to share, it's a good way to learn
how Linux distributions work too.