[CS-FSLUG] outdoors wifi

Peter J. Vasquez Sr. pjvasquez at baeyogin.com
Wed Sep 5 11:21:12 CDT 2012

I've had some success with either Linksys WRT, TP-Link, Buffalo, or
Ubiquiti wireless routers/access points running DD-WRT.  The first
step would be to determine if you really need wifi throughout the
entire park, or if there are key hotspots you'd like to maintain.  You
can setup some point to point links to key areas, and then a wifi
hotspot in that area.  There are several ways to approach this, but it
is first necessary to understand the project scope to know what
solutions work best and are the most cost-effective.