[CS-FSLUG] Christiansource Digest, Vol 99, Issue 4

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Tue May 8 21:54:48 CDT 2012

Mint 12 Gnome has gone to a new (I'd say 'beta) version of gnome which is:
A.- much different from the older v ersion of gnome, and B.- not nearly as
flexible and user friendly.  I'm trying a version of mint 12 kde on my own
computer, but didn't want to put it on hers, because I haven't used it
myself, and won't be able to help her much with it if she has questions.
But if you get the camera to work reliably I'd like to know.

The really strange part about thjis is that the web came workied fine just
after the install of mint 11 gnome, but after shutting it down, and
booting the next day the camera won't work. I don't see any external
switch, but it's possible that Vaio has a key combination to turn it off
and on, and that I inadvertantly touched the wrong keys, or....

Dave