[CS-FSLUG] Browser Text Editor Application

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Sep 28 16:36:25 CDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> It could be argued that loading the page from hard disk should allow writing
> to the hard disk; but I'm thinking that will open another can of worms.  An
> application simply needs to confuse the browser into thinking the page was
> loaded locally instead of from "outside".

modifying the file that was opened is one thing. That seems to be
common, but opening a "file save" dialog or "file open" dialog is
another matter entirely, as is saving to other files.

Oddly, my web browser of choice has a built-in source editor, which
makes moneylog.html a nifty tool--too bad it's too under-featured for
me. But in any case, if browsers could open and save text files
themselves, like mine (Omniweb for Mac OSX), this wouldn't even be an
issue for Ed. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland