[CS-FSLUG] Browser Text Editor Application

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Tue Sep 28 10:34:51 CDT 2010

I really appreciate your answers, folks.

> Don't know if this will do what you want, as it seems to need web
> serving, but there's always this:
> http://ckeditor.com/
>
> or this:
> http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/
>
> or this:
> http://www.unverse.net/whizzywig-cross-browser-html-editor.html

I looked at those; they point in the right direction. The last one comes
closest, but they all emphasize X/HTML formatted output. If I understand
correctly each of them requires some sort of database behind them to capture
the output. I'm needing something to drop plain text into a file on the same
local system, whatever translates to "~/".

> And there are always GoogleDocs and Evernote, both of which are or can
> be web-based.

I need it to run on the local system, particularly avoiding a login.

> I can't imagine that there isn't something out there to do what you want!

I don't doubt that for a second. I'm not trying to get someone to write an
application just for me, but I was wondering if such a thing already
existed. I realize anything with Java can run JEdit, but that's not exactly
what I want, since I need it to be in a browser window.

Ed Hurst
--------
Open for Business - http://ofb.biz/
Applied Bible - http://soulkiln.org/