[CS-FSLUG] Browser Text Editor Application

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Tue Sep 28 13:18:12 CDT 2010

  On 09/28/2010 03:34 PM, Ed Hurst wrote:
> I really appreciate your answers, folks.

And now I'm going to weigh in with a reply, too. One thing you might
want to try is Zim Wiki.

I use it on Fedora and I just installed it on Linux Mint Debian, also.
It's not browser based, it's a stand-alone app that I use basically for
desktop notes and reminders, etc. Here's a description:

Zim is a WYSIWYG text editor. It aims at bringing the concept of a wiki to
your desktop. For example every page is saved as a text file with wiki
markup.
Pages can contain links to other pages, and are saved automatically.
Creating
a new page is as easy as linking to a non-existing page. Pages are
ordered in a hierarchical structure that gives it the look and feel of an
outliner.

This tool can be used to keep track of TODO lists or ideas, to take notes
during a meeting or to draft any other kind of text (blog entries,
important mails, etc.).