[CS-FSLUG] OT: Maximized Living

Davo Smith christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
Sat Jan 30 16:33:14 CST 2010

I think the big difference is in some of the subtleties of the language:

'being at peace' is not the same as a 'peaceful life'
'being joyful' is not the same as a 'happy life'
'overcoming the world' is not the same as a 'successful life'
'being rescued from persecutions' is not the same as a 'healthy life'
(OK, that comparison is a little tenuous)

Those on the left are the result of deep inner transformation through
knowing Christ, those on the right are external, material things, that
God often blesses us with, but which are not to be expected, until
such time (as has already been pointed out in a previous post) as
Jesus returns to transform this world into a new creation.

Don't get me wrong - eating healthily, looking after the bodies we
have been given and being good stewards of all the gifts God has given
us, are all important things, but it worries me when the 'Christian'
life stops there (and I'm pointing plenty of fingers at my own life
here).

Davo