[CS-FSLUG] OT: The Hidden Dangers of Peacemakers

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Jan 9 14:05:43 CST 2010

Incidentally, on this point, I think there are three ways it relates:

	1.) They both appeal to the American "find a program that solves my
problems" mentality.

	2.) They are both relatively superficial in their small group, etc.,
materials.

	3.) They work from a business mindset that we need x program to draw
members, y program to insure we aren't liable if we do something
wrong, etc.

	That said, while I'm not a huge fan of Purpose-Driven and think it
comes with some fundamental misassumptions, I don't think PDC is
dangerous. Peacemakers, on the other hand, provides -- even if it
isn't intended to provide -- weapons for abuse. It's sort of like when
a country decides they are going to make nuclear energy. They can do
more with the tools, too.

	-Tim