[CS-FSLUG] ICCM

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Tue Jan 5 19:23:41 CST 2010

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 14:43:09 -0600, Dave & Ella McMullen
<DavidM at hisfeet.net> wrote:

> At the moment, I'm thinking that maybe an 'interim' answer might be to
> get a 'mature' version of linux with all of its disks of programming that
> might be available for it.

I am told packet radio is very painfully slow. There is a new protocol in
the works, but that's about as much as I know. Most of the efforts seem
aimed at long distance wifi.

We've discussed mature distros before. What you describe is one reason I
am a proponent of things like CentOS and other RHEL clones. That long
shelf life might mean older apps, but everything I need is on one DVD for
each architecture. I have heard of people burning a current catalog of
additional repos (such as RPMForge) on additional disks before doing
remote service.

--
Ed Hurst