[CS-FSLUG] ICCM

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Jan 5 13:33:44 CST 2010

On Tuesday, January 5, 2010, Greg Slade <camsoc at vfemail.net> wrote:
> There is no other single application which would have as much impact in terms of convincing missionaries to consider using Linux than this.

Speaking as a long-time Mac user who has attempted to imtegrate Linux
into his work, it is more than just this for me. While I like Linux,
and my wife is running Ubuntu on her laptop and I have it installed on
my Wind, I found I continue to need my Mac OS for my serious work,
especially my creative work. I also have Qindows installed simply
because some misguided souls continue to use Publisher, which causes
me the most untold suffering, and reminds me why I use Macs. ;-) truth
is, even Linux can't match the Mac for this work. I can use Quicken
for those financial items (it's really just a matter of learning
double entry bookkeeping) or any one of the other financial apps, but
the color management, font management and the proper apps and
typography controls are just unequaled. I have enjoyed seeing the
improvements in some of these areas just In the past three years that
I've been dabbling in Linux, but unfortunately there is still work
necessary before it meets my needs.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland