[CS-FSLUG] Restoring the Original Bible

Jon Mark Allen csfslug at allensonthe.net
Sun Nov 22 20:33:19 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 20:05, Jason P. Franklin <haronniin at gmail.com> wrote:
> The OT seems to follow the Jewish arrangement and naming for the most part.
>  They don't split Chronicles, Samuel and Kings into 1st and 2nd the way
> Christians do.  And yea, the prophet thing, though I didn't think the Jews
> really combined them in a single book that way.  I could be mistaken.
>
> Jason P. Franklin

Yes, they did.

There's a great lesson on the structure of the Hebrew Bible (our OT)
at BiblicalTraining.org

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/class/bt201

There is some really interesting stuff about the order of the books.
And while I do believe it greatly enhances some of my understanding of
the books and the message they convey, I certainly don't see the order
we have today as "wrong".  There are some very interesting parallels
in the order of the Hebrew Bible and the order of the NT, too.

Lessons 3-7 at the link above are very interesting (and are not
condemning or argumentative) and I believe would be worth your time.

I would love to have a Bible with the original order, but am in no way
interested in yet another English version.  I would much rather see
that effort put toward getting the Bible into languages that have no
version at all.

--
JM

/* If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't
been much of a day.
-- John A. Wheeler */