[CS-FSLUG] using postfix or sendmail to send mail

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Fri Mar 13 11:16:23 CDT 2009

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 05:02:59 -0600, David McGlone <david at dmcentral.net>
wrote:

> connect to aln-mailrelay.att.net[12.102.252.75]:25: Connection timed out

If AT&T is your ISP, it will block all traffic on port 25.

You cannot relay through AT&T; that's their policy. You can relay through
your own domain/server, but it has to be some other port. If you are using
Postfix, you can change it by editing main.cf (wherever that is in your
system). The standard format is [domain]:[port]. Default for [port] is 25,
but you need some other number. For my own, Tim set up for me to use port
26, so I would theoretically have 'soulkiln.org:26'.

--
Ed Hurst