[CS-FSLUG] using postfix or sendmail to send mail

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Fri Mar 13 06:02:59 CDT 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009 9:30:45 am Frank Bax wrote:
> David McGlone wrote:
> > My only problem is I can't seem to figure out how to set up SMTP to send
> > to address' other than the local ones. I can send to david at buddy using
> > sendmail, but I can't send to david at att.net.
>
> What's in the log files?

This is the first time I've seen anything in the "status" box while running
webmin, when trying to send a message. Here's what I got:

connect to aln-mailrelay.att.net[12.102.252.75]:25: Connection timed out

I have suspected the port being wrong, it should be IIRC 465 and I can't find
where to change the port in webmin. But..... I'm trying to send through
dmcentral.net anyhow and have set up my smtp specifically to use my own smtp
on my website, but it still seems to be trying to go through AT&T despite my
smtp settings specifically saying mail.dmcentral.net.

Blessings,
David M.
http://www.dmcentral.net