[CS-FSLUG] Gimp on National TV Was: Re: Open source becomes irresistible political force.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Mar 1 13:29:29 CST 2009

David McGlone wrote:

[snip]

 Mythbusters is my Favorite on Discovery.
>> Those and FOX for news.....NO OTHER is reliable.
>>
>> Fred
>
> I don't limit myself to 1 news station. there's always 2 sides to a story. I
> think we both know Fox is biased and so is CNN and in my state non cable
> stations, NBC, CBS and ABC news.

Being a truth seeker, I'm always looking to see who's telling the truth!
RARE is
it that I find a mistake on FOX, and if so, they are quick with a
correction. That
ISN'T true of CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, nor public broadcasting.....PERIOD.

> They all report on their views based on their political views, and believe
> everyone else is wrong. I watch FOX, no doubt about that. O'Reilly is one of
> my favorite on Fox. Hanity and Colmbs on CNN.

H. and C. on CNN?

> I don't think any of the stations are "fair and balanced". Thats just a bunch
> of FOX's hogwash. LOL
>
> My definition of "Fair and Balanced" is when a person listens to both sides and
> deciphers the truth from the fiction in both stories. You should have plenty of
> experience in that arena.

I certainly do!

> For example, can you remember a time your kids would come running tattling on
> one or the other and you had to listen to both stories in order to get the
> whole truth?

No, you can't always determine the truth that way....often need a 3rd
party in
politics anyway.

> LOL just me ranting on cuz I can't sleep. But worth mentioning nonetheless.

It's like what I said about Obama before the election....I'd done a LOT
of research
to find out what I had heard and read was correct. It was, and he's now
proved to be
exactly what I and others have said about him.

Fred

--
"The fundamental premise of liberalism is the moral incapacity
of the American people." ~ Alan Keyes