[CS-FSLUG] Just never satisfied....gotta fix what aint broke...

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Tue Feb 3 19:46:10 CST 2009

Frank Bax wrote:
> Jim Isbell, W5JAI wrote:
>> On 2/3/09, Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>>  You need to either:
>>>
>>>  1) configure your router to bridge between the two subnets.
>>
>> Probably possible, but the documentation is rather sketchy.  I have
>> the Network Everywhere (Linksys)  Cable/DSL 4-Port Router NR041.
>

> LinkSys NR401 seems to be a wired router; the pictures I find on the
> internet do not have any antennae for wireless.

If that's true and you're using another router for your Wireless AP,
then it's easy.  Turn off DHCP on the Wireless and plug the cable from
the wired router to one of the LAN (not the WAN) ports on the wireless
and all the wired and wireless clients should be on the same subnet
receiving DHCP from the wired router.

sjm