[CS-FSLUG] OT: My wife is from this small town in NY.

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Thu Dec 17 16:35:32 CST 2009

I can't speak about the "From an Iranian prison", but I have worked on a
number of computers that were within closed countries. And I can speak
from first-hand experience that one can do a LOT more across the
Internet, even from a country that is trying to block aspects of the
Internet. Perhaps I will share some of the fun "Internet Evangelism"
stories I have participated in. But that is not what I wanted to talk about.

But the main thing I wanted to comment on was the "kicking the dust
off..." Actually, I do not have a real problem with you not caring about
or trying to care about Muslims. I have worked with over 100 different
mission agencies in 14 countries, and I have seen something rather odd.
The Lord puts certain people groups, areas of the world, types of people
(orphans, the sick, etc) on peoples hearts. We all have different people
that the Lord has called us to, even if it is just being a light at your
workplace. If the Muslims are not those people for you, than that is
fine. "Kick the dust off your shoes, so long as you go on to a different
town." (You do not need to serve the Muslims, so long as you follow God
to whomever He IS leading you to serve.)

But, as with a number of my family, friends, and acquaintances, they
feel the Lord is telling them to be God's light to the Muslims. I
believe they have good walks with the Lord, and if they feel called to
put their own lives on the line for that calling, I will continue to
support them in that.

- Tim Young