[CS-FSLUG] OT: My wife is from this small town in NY.

l4c l4c at thelinuxlink.net
Thu Dec 17 13:13:21 CST 2009

Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> The posting of that comment does not suggest that he tweeted it. I
> rather think he had a visitor who was able to send the message out by
> some means not unlike the one you talked about. For us to speculate on
> what is and isn't possible in these countries is a bit far fetched
> unless we have first-hand experience. We could be dealing with small
> regional police forces with limited resources. In some parts of the
> world, the police carry machine guns but can't afford bullets. They look
> far more intimidating than they actually have the ability to be. Such
> sweeping generalizations are harmful. We simply don't know the facts
>
> JSR/

The posting of the comment suggests that the person posted it - twitter
or not, this is simply not possible from an Iranian prison.  I am not
speculating whatsoever, just read the news, or perhaps ask someone from
one of those countries, I know I have.  I have a next door neighbor from
Morocco who wouldn't go back if you made him king.

If you want facts, contact Voice of the Martyrs.  They will be happy to
give you verifiable first hand accounts about people in all of those
countries who are raped, tortured, murdered and enslaved for being
Christian.  That stuff happens there every day.  These are places that
we have to smuggle Bibles into, they don't even want you bringing yours
with you if you go there for a visit.

This is truly ridiculous to even entertain such things.  I am going to
"kick the dust off my shoes" now.  The next thing you know I'll be
hearing about how the holocaust didn't happen....