[CS-FSLUG] Linksys WRT54GL with openwrt

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 23 08:39:54 CDT 2008

Last week we just received 30 of the WRT54G with plans to install
openwrt on them all.  Last month we deployed only one of these as a test
- so far so good.  We have not yet enabled wireless.  Would you care to
share your ideas on how wireless should be configured (perhaps an example)?

I'm wondering about other capabilities of openwrt?

Simple case would be to not broadcast that wireless device exists; and
only be usable by known mac addresses.  I guessing I could maintain a
master list and push this to all my devices; so that laptops will "just
work" in any location.

Fancier setup might allow access to unknown mac addresses on different
subnet and restricted (slow) bandwidth to internet.

Most devices will have dynamic ip; is there some (easy) way that I can
maintain a list of current ip addresses in use.  I do have at least one
server with static ip address where I could keep the master list.
dyndns has a limit of 5 sites per account.