[CS-FSLUG] VERY GOOD news!!

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Dec 21 14:30:51 CST 2008

> Nothing wrong with that church itself, but we reasoned that we didn't
> want our tithes supporting PCUSA denominational activities, so we went
> and found a PCA church. We're still pretty happy there.

	Good point about tithes. I think that's the unfortunate vicious
cycle, though. The conservative churches don't get support, so they
end up losing out. But, conversely, how can you knowingly give money
that will help the degradation of the church? It's tough.

	Part of me has actually considered seeking ordination in the PC(USA),
since I do believe there is still hope in it. But, I lean EPC
generally. My seminary is PCA -- lots of good folks in the PCA.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Every ant  knows the  formula of its ant-hill,
Editor, OfB.biz   | every  bee knows  the formula  of its  beehive.
tbutler at ofb.biz   | They know it  in their own way, not in our way.
timothybutler.us  | Only humankind does not know its own formula."
                                               -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky