[CS-FSLUG] OS/2 Anyone?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun Apr 6 19:56:07 CDT 2008

Timothy Butler wrote:

> 	A friend of mine wrote a good piece on the death of OS/2 a number of
> years back. Might be of interest since OS/2 came up:
>
> 	http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/opinions/1864/

I'm typing this from my Linux box, but behind me is the eComStation 2.0
RC4 desktop running on something cobbled together from an HP Pavilion
board, a generic box, and really crappy monitor. Still, it's usable. I
am just about as familiar with that as I am Mac. I think I need to find
a basic user book on OS/2 so I can get used to the odd layout.

The test disk for 2.0 RC4 is missing major apps normally supplied on the
standard 2-CD release. There's no office suite, but it has Firefox,
T-bird and all the usual OS/2 type stuff -- whatever that is.

I'm going to add a second drive and install the 1.2R version and run
them alternately. The power supply doesn't inspire my confidence to run
both drives at once, so dual booting in the normal fashion is out of the
question.

--
Ed Hurst