[CS-FSLUG] monitor - blurry image

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmx.ch
Sun Jul 22 11:40:43 CDT 2007

Frank Bax schrieb:
> At work, we replaced some CRT monitors with LCD's at select
> workstations.  I put the CRT's on a shelf.  Yesterday, someone's CRT
> stopped working, so another CRT was taken off the shelf that was exactly
> the same make/model.  Today, user emailed saying image is blurry - I didn't
> check closely when I made the swap and I won't be back to look at it myself
> until Monday.  Can this be a driver issue, or is it always the CRT
> itself?  Other CRT's are different make/model; therefore my other post/question.

Blurry Images are a sign of poor sognal-quality in most cases.
Poor signal may be caused by bad cables or connectors. It might be, that
the refresh-frequency is set to a value which is just a tad to high.

check cabling and connectors and the refreshing frequencies. somitimes
it helps to set the refresh rate to 72Hz instead of 75Hz (which is not
noticeable by eye).

Marco