[CS-FSLUG] Verse of the day -- how to auto-start?

Josiah Ritchie josiah.ritchie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 07:06:42 CDT 2007

On 7/6/07, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> Welcome to CS!

Ditto!

> You could put the command to start it in your .xinitrc or .kderc (I
> think that is what it is called --it has been a few years since I
> fiddled that deeply with KDE. KDE also use to have an autostart folder
> you could access in Konquorer. If you created an applnk for   your
> program, checked "start in terminal" and added that to autostart, it
> should work.

I believe that the .xinitrc will only work if you start up X & KDE
manually. .xinitrc would be found in your home directory. I'm not sure
where to find .kderc, but might be the same place. I prefer Gnome. :-)

> HTH,
> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Sure Tim, just ruuubbbb it in! :-) How's that copy of Safari compare
to a real web browser on a real screen? Does it use the various Google
Application websites in regular or mobile mode?

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen