[CS-FSLUG] wiki for spawning ministry ideas

Micah Yoder yoderm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 14:18:41 CST 2007

>  From an admin perspectve it's horrible.  Last I used it, it didn't
> support mod_perl so it was also quite slow as a result.

I was concerned about that.  Of course, if it gets, say, 2000 page
views/edits in a day (probably really optimistic), that's just 2000
Perl processes to fork, and the Core 2 Duo server that's coming should
be able to handle that with no problem.  If it was 5 hits a second,
we'd have trouble.

> Initial setup is ok IIRC, but anything beyond that was painful.

Ok.  Maybe I'll fire off a note to the guy I know who configured it
for our organization.

> MediaWiki's is pretty decent.  Also keep in mind that it runs the most
> popular wiki on the planet, wikipedia.  So the development/security on
> it is good, ongoing, and people used to wikipdia will fall into it very
> easily.

Right, good point.