[CS-FSLUG] wiki for spawning ministry ideas

Micah Yoder yoderm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:44:33 CST 2007

> Yeah, don't use TWiki.  Really.  I went through the pain of converting
> two TWiki installs for Mandriva's private and public wikis to MediaWiki
> about a year or so ago.  MediaWiki is *much* better.  It performs
> better, is more feature-rich, and better maintained.
>
> TWiki is really awful.

Huh.  The organization I had been working for (and SJM still does)
used it for our internal IT perspective.  From a user perspective, I
thought it was fine.

Setup might be a pain -- I did actually try to set it up once before
and then sort of abandoned it.  But I did get a basic web going, then
decided I had no need for it and didn't configure it more.

I've seen a matrix of features of various Wikis, and it looked like
TWiki was generally considered the most featureful.

I'll wait for other opinions here. :)  I suppose the typical user
won't be a geek, so it's important that the markup language be
intuitive.

> I think you should use something else (if you're not partial to
> MediaWiki, that's fine, but TWiki was not a lot of fun for us to deal
> with once the wikis got quite large).

MediaWiki would probably be the logical choice if not TWiki.