[CS-FSLUG] wiki for spawning ministry ideas

Vincent Danen vdanen at linsec.ca
Wed Dec 19 11:29:17 CST 2007

* Micah Yoder <yoderm at gmail.com> [2007-12-19 10:18:41 -0600]:

[...]

Good stuff, but not what I want to address.

>It may be up next week -- I just ordered a new dedicated server
>(CentOS 5!) and I just have to move my stuff to it and figure out how
>to set up TWiki.
>
>Any thoughts so far?

Yeah, don't use TWiki.  Really.  I went through the pain of converting
two TWiki installs for Mandriva's private and public wikis to MediaWiki
about a year or so ago.  MediaWiki is *much* better.  It performs
better, is more feature-rich, and better maintained.

TWiki is really awful.

I think you should use something else (if you're not partial to
MediaWiki, that's fine, but TWiki was not a lot of fun for us to deal
with once the wikis got quite large).

I've got 3 MediaWiki setups myself (an internal intranet, one drives the
annvix.org website and another my linsec.ca website).  Then there's the
one I setup for Mandriva (converted two independant twikis into one
mediawiki), and I just setup a new MediaWiki install last night that I'm
hoping the Lutheran School my wife works at (and daughter attends) will
be using.  Took all of maybe 20 minutes to get fully up and running with
a custom extension.

--
Vincent Danen @ http://linsec.ca/