[CS-FSLUG] Christiansource Digest, Vol 46, Issue 12

Georges Rodier georges.rodier at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 00:39:49 CST 2007

Mark,

It is known that the human body contains a brain - but has anyone seen
the professor's mind?  We only know what the professor has revealed to
us by his acts and communications, spoken, written and otherwise.

Still, I have problems with evil being described only as the absence
of God.  While good people do bad things - and bad people do good
things.  Jesus addressed this on at least two occasions.

And, do we not make a distinction between wrong information and lies?
Are not then intention and will necessary to make an act evil?  Do not
our laws distinguish between the person who manufactures a firearm and
the person who uses one to kill another human being?

Ah, the Serpent was right - we now "know" both good and evil. I have
put the word in quotes as it refers here to knowledge by experience
rather than information about something.  The French language has that
clear distinction between connaitre and savoir which we lack in
English.  And, yes, don't get me wrong - the Serpent was a lying
deceitful rebel.

Then there is the fallacy about science being limited to our five
senses.  What about mathematics?  One and two do not exist any more
than cold or darkness.

So, all in all, an interesting little story but not one that would
likely move any atheist toward the Light.

Georges

       <christiansource at ofb.biz>