[CS-FSLUG] Post on Open Access Data

Robinson Mitchell robinson.mitchell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 09:57:58 CDT 2007

Just wanted to drop a note to the list regarding a recent post I made on The
Naked Church blog.
This post is on Open Access to Knowledge, a movement that is related to but
not the same as FLOSS software.
I think there are a lot of affinities between the ethos of Open Access/Open
Source/Free Software and that of Christianity.  In these movements, though,
there are a lot of folks who see Christianity as The Enemy.  This ought not
to be.
Post is here:  http://nakedchurch.wordpress.com
Please have a look if you will.
I'll be posting a follow-up soon advocating Christian cooperation in the
Open Access movement in which I will look at the myth of Christians as being
book-burners and the main cause of "the dark ages".  In fact, Christians
preserved the canon of Western Literature when the preliterate barbarian
tribes overran Rome.
but that's for another post.
All the best to the group!
Kindest regards,