[CS-FSLUG] Digital recording of sermons

Clinton Evans clinton.evans at rogers.com
Fri Oct 27 06:13:32 CDT 2006

I have been working on a related project. Maybe there is some scope for a
little cross-pollination.

I work in my church library and, historically, it has been responsible for
distributing recordings of the service. For some years, our recording group
has captured digital versions of the service as well as making cassette tapes
for distribution.

It was time to move to compact disks so we needed the following:

1)	A means of transferring the data from the sound booth
	to the library computer

2)	A quick and dirty method for cleaning up the audio quality

3)	A means of automatically producing a single CD immediately
	after the service

4)	A database for storing information about the service and
	burning selected services

Items 1 to 3 are very "unixy" and scripted in their nature. Item 4 is a GUI
system based on the Zope object database and pyqt.

There are lots of missing features, but the code has been working fairly
reliably at church for over a year, now.

Clinton