[CS-FSLUG] Digital recording of sermons

Bob K Mertz bob at bibleboy.org
Thu Oct 26 20:22:16 CDT 2006

Robert W. wrote:
> Many moons ago, I asked the list for suggestions on digitally recording
> our Sunday morning sermons. Well, I never could find something that
> exactly met our church's needs. So I wrote something, using command
> line programs for the tough parts (like recording).
>
> We've actually been using it since May (April?). The documentation took
> a little longer. The bane of all programmers: documentation. You can
> view some of that labor here:
> http://home.insightbb.com/~robertwo/sermon.html

"Maybe version 2 will go easier on the eyes."

ohhhh.... ANSI :)

Just wanted to say that I can definately see that helping in a lot of
scenarios.  Text based is a great solution because it doesnt require
heavy CPU usage for a GUI so a church is easily able to find an old
computer to do it.  Another thing that makes it a better solution is, if
your sound guy is like many churches, he can easily hit a button while
he is juggling 5 other things going on.... instead of looking for the
mouse cursor.

Great work!