[CS-FSLUG] Managing Partitions/Backup software

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun Oct 1 08:04:00 CDT 2006

Nathan T. wrote:

> Now I'm fed up, I don't want to have to reinstall Windows once again,
> it's a real pain in the backside dealing with an operating system
> that needs at least a dozen drivers, nearly a hundred different
> applications, at least a dozen reboots, and hundreds of patches every
> time it's installed clean. I can't ditch Windows right now because I
> still like playing my games, and I need it to run some of my
> hardware, so I'd like to find a backup solution that is no longer
> dependent on the partition size remaining the same.

Small consolation, but when I do Windows re-installs for others I always
use the Autopatcher for updating. People who know a lot more than I have
plowed through the list and ignored the ones which don't actually serve
the user, plus it changes default settings to be more sane. Bittorrents
here:

   http://torrent.autopatcher5.mirror.ineedhosting.net/mystats.php

Simply install Windows, then Autopatcher (FULL), then add any updates
they have released, and run it right behind your Windows install. Once
finished, delete. Keep a copy on CD, of course, it's pretty large.

--
Ed Hurst