[CS-FSLUG] Managing Partitions/Backup software

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 01:44:15 CDT 2006

I got Windows up and running again pretty quickly by restoring from a
backup, resizing the image to the exact size of the backup, and then
using a Mandriva CD to resize the partition to the full size of the
free space. For some reason Mandriva's own partitioner has always
worked, even if the distribution is no longer to my linking.

One of the best things that happened to me lately was my job, now I
can afford to get hard drives for better back-ups and I update them
more frequently.

As for separate drives, I could probably get away with doing that.
I'll have to reinstall Ark Linux again anyway since my root partition
somehow got lost a few days ago, but since I've already got a NAS now
and a co-worker of mine wants to unload an old computer on me I might
set that up to run Ark Linux so I can keep Windows and Linux on two
separate machines.

On 1-Oct-06, at 12:15 AM, Chad Fluegge wrote:

> Nathan,
>
> I thought that I was the only one that this happened to. For some
> reason, M$
> doesn't like residing on the same hd as linux. After two attemped
> installs, I finally
> installed M$ and Ubuntu successfully, only after I installed them
> onto two separate hard drives.
>
> Maybe you could try that...
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions concerning your backup
> software question.
>
> Chad
>

> On 10/1/06, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey list folks
>
> I've done it again, my Windows partition is fried and needs to be
> restored. The story isn't too long so I'll tell you all about it.

[snip]