[CS-FSLUG] Mother Jones and Intellectual Property

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 18:20:14 CST 2006

There are a number of interesting situations listed here:

http://www.motherjones.com/news/exhibit/2006/03/intellectual_property.html

Of particular interest is the note about the pornography industry:
"42% OF ALL VIDEO files shared online are pornographic. No
porn-sharing cases have yet been tried in the U.S."

Yet, the pornographic "industry" is growing phenomenally.  The
American porn publishers are even seeking to expand into countries
where such stuff is still considered taboo.  It's interesting that one
of the industries we most loathe has a much more "open" attitude about
sharing than the rest of us - and are far more profitable than many of
us realize.  I wonder how that fits into the capitalistic vs
communistic framework into which so many try to force the FOSS vs
proprietary debate?

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist