[CS-FSLUG] OT: Bart Ehrman - Misquoting Jesus

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Mar 17 20:03:26 CST 2006

> John 8:1-11 -- One of the oldest debates over whether it belongs. I
> contend it is consistent what we know of Jesus' character.

	I think you have a good point there, Ed. It does seem wholly
consistent.

> The larger debate about inspiration of Scripture shows the standard
> Higher Critical position. It's been around a very long time, can be
> linked to the birth of communism, and a few other nasty trends which
> attempted to overturn the Reformation. I won't bother to debate it,
> because I'm not called to debate.

	Do you really think Higher Criticism necessitates a rejection of
inspiration (not to say that it often doesn't go together with that...)?

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "It may be that  when the angels go about their
Editor, OfB.biz   | task  praising God,  they play only Bach.  I am
tbutler at ofb.biz   | sure,  however,  that when they are together en
timothybutler.us  | famille they play Mozart."
                                                       -- Karl Barth