[CS-FSLUG] Eastern disciplines in regard to our faith.

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 01:22:04 CST 2006

On 3/13/06, 'Mash <re.mash at gmail.com> wrote:

> Surprisingly the "Harry Pottery" is still holding much water.
> So in light of the evidently strong opinions of the mailing list I
> will throw another vessel into the kiln.
>
> Does anyone have any objections against practising an Eastern
> discipline such as Thai Chi or Yoga ?

I realize that your original query, 'Mash, was in reference to exercise
programs that have their roots in non-Christian Eastern religions /
philosophies.  I would like, though, to toss in another link to a general
Christian analysis of the larger "New Age" movement, as I think it's so
relevant to our times and the challenges of our present-day culture:

Jesus Christ:  the Bearer of the Water of Life
A Christian reflection on the "New Age"

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/interelg/documents/rc_pc_interelg_doc_20030203_new-age_en.html

In Christ,

Michael Bradley, Jr.