[CS-FSLUG] Computer Science

Bradly McConnell bradly.mcconnell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 12:23:45 CST 2006

On 3/10/06, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that printing is a nice solution, but for me it's also too
> expensive considering the cost of ink. Perhaps this is one case where
> I could see one of those new little Windows XP devices being handy,
> albeit I'd rather it was running Linux although either way they
> doubtlessly cost an arm and a leg.

There is - the Nokia 770, but it is expensive.

>Unfortunately my PDA just doesn't
> have the resolution for e-books, all the formatting has to be removed
> or the text is impossible to read and then the screen is so small very
> few characters can be shown per line.

The Safari Bookshelf is more along the lines of regular desktop/laptop
viewing.  I think most of it is PDF or CHM (yes, ick I know, Microsoft
compiled help formatting - but there are Open Source viewers).

> I'm looking forward to when something like these
> (http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS9257262400.html) things make it on the
> market at a good price :-) .

Don't hold you breath - they've been touting this e-paper technology
for a few years now, with no significant gain.

Brad