[CS-FSLUG] OT: Potter, Halloween and Philipians 4:8

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Mar 6 22:22:28 CST 2006

> I find the "Gee, some old dead white guys in the very
> worldly Renaissance said it was a good idea ..."
> argument unpersuasive.

	I'm not saying you should believe it because they believed it, but I
am saying I think they were right. (And some of their arguments are
rather convincing to that effect, too, if you read them -- it is
terribly dense, but Pico's Oration on the Dignity of Man is a rather
interesting and good read on the subject.)

> Islam acknowledges Christ and shares a lot of text
> with the Bible.  Should we propose that Islam is
> equally true alongside Christianity?

	I don't follow where your coming from on this -- it doesn't seem to
be relevant to the discussion, but just to avoid any doubts on my
position: "no, of course not."

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Every ant  knows the  formula of its ant-hill,
Editor, OfB.biz   | every  bee knows  the formula  of its  beehive.
tbutler at ofb.biz   | They know it  in their own way, not in our way.
timothybutler.us  | Only humankind does not know its own formula."
                                               -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky