[CS-FSLUG] OT: Don't Buy Harry Potter

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Mar 2 20:14:17 CST 2006

> Based on what?

	Based on actually watching Harry Potter movies and talking to devout
Christians who have read the whole series. Tell me where the
promotion of actual witchcraft is (majick not magic -- I mean, are
you going to ban people from reading the Tempest because Prospero
uses magical powers?).

	If you aren't actually familiar with the series -- other than
through secondary sources -- I really don't think you have the proper
background to judge it. Too many people have trumped up charges about
things that just aren't there so that they can sit on a soapbox and
yell.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Not  every end  is the  goal.  The end  of a
Editor, OfB.biz   | melody is not its goal,  and yet if  a melody
tbutler at ofb.biz   | has not  reached its end , it has not reached
timothybutler.us  | its goal."
                                            -- Friedrich Nietzsche