[CS-FSLUG] OT: Don't Buy Harry Potter

David Colburn edoc7 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 2 01:00:02 CST 2006

Narnia is really in a grey area.  It mis-orders
things and blends confusing images together. It
is no wonder that the historically anti-Christian
Disney was willing to produce and promote it as
they needed something they could successfully
market to pro-family groups.

That said, it clearly is not in a class with the
aggressively pro-witchcraft Harry Potter.

We screen everything our children view and read,
such is the mandate of God to all parents.

Imagination is not the problem, competing value
systems and/or world views are.  Children are to
be raised up in the ways of the Lord, they are
not well equipped to sort out competing constructs.

Our children have very active imaginations and
we encourage them in that.  They are also learning
that the voice of God sounds different than that of
the Enemy.  I tend to be fond of science fiction
and we are working through what is OK and not there.
It is very challenging but parenting is not for the
careless or lazy.

Our children belong to God, He has just entrusted
them to us for a time -- and He expects us to be
faithful.

Waaay too late ... got to get some sleep!

doc