[CS-FSLUG] OT: Don't Buy Harry Potter

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Mar 1 21:57:40 CST 2006

> When Harry Potter was first released it was
> condemned as poorly written literature.

	Never heard that.

> Now that our population has been educationally
> and spiritually dumbed-down anything that
> promotes witchcraft is considered high achievement.

	I don't think it does -- I use to feel the same way, and now I
regret having felt so. I haven't read the books (one of these days,
but I have too many other books in my "to read" stack), but I have
seen the movies, and honestly, its no different than the magical
worlds of many other books and movies. The plots are very good,
exciting and so on too.

	I highly recommend them.

	(Of course, I also highly recommend the Greco-Roman classics, and
they have all kinds of pagan stuff in them.)

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Not  every end  is the  goal.  The end  of a
Editor, OfB.biz   | melody is not its goal,  and yet if  a melody
tbutler at ofb.biz   | has not  reached its end , it has not reached
timothybutler.us  | its goal."
                                            -- Friedrich Nietzsche