[CS-FSLUG] OT: Don't Buy Harry Potter

'Mash re.mash at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 21:44:56 CST 2006

On 3/2/06, David Colburn <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:
It is beyond me how anyone claiming to be a Holy
Spirit informed Christian could do otherwise.

About four years ago my younger sisters Christian school
banned anything that was to do with "Magic" this also
included the Narnia serious by CS Lewis. Now I understand
and would not allow my children to read anything that
I could discern as Occult. But I would not void my child from
using their imagination.

I have no problem in allowing my Kids to read or even play
in fantasy worlds. But I know my guidence will show
them the seperation between fanatasy and reality.

There are a lot of Christians who wont allow their kids to read Harry Potter
but will allow them to watch Televison and listen to the current music
charts. Which I would say is far more damaging.

Where do we draw the line on influence or is the point about
the content. ie. Magic ?

'Mash