[CS-FSLUG] school dress code, was Re: OT: Don't Buy Harry Potter

'Mash re.mash at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 23:16:13 CST 2006

Yama

I finished Highschool in 1999, yes I am quite young.
What I remember about uniform and why we hated it was two fold. One
that we did not want to conform to something we didn't choose and two
we wanted to be different.
Those both go hand in hand.

I remember wearing my tie backwards, so my tie actually just showed a
band underneath my coller. Picture a preacher coller and you will
understand what I mean. It looked ridiculous but I did it to be
different from everyone else who was being different, ie tiny tie
knots, big tie knots.

I think when it comes to uniform it has to be all or nothing, no exceptions.
To the military extent. Everyone the same with the same neatness or
its disciplinary action. The problem with being lenient is that kids
will then just walk over you and never care. If parents have a problem
with that, I would say... Grow up !! Its school uniform.
I think if school kids can be given that pride in their uniforms like
the Services do then
it would be great all round.

'Mash