[CS-FSLUG] Meta: Has the list died?

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Jul 18 07:30:04 CDT 2006

That's great :-) How encouraging it is to taste God's faithfulness! Your story reminds me of George Muller (http://www.wholesomewords.org/biography/bmuller2.html). He was a man who's past in money was somewhat rough. When he became a Christian and God called him to start running an orphanage, He felt God lay on his heart that he should never ask for money.

An excerpt from the link above:
"Greatest of all Muller's undertakings was the erection and maintenance of the great orphanages at Bristol. He began the undertaking with only two shillings (50 cents) in his pocket; but in answer to prayer and without making his needs known to human beings, he received the means necessary to erect the great buildings and to feed the orphans day by day for sixty years. In all that time the children did not have to go without a meal, and Mr. Muller said that if they ever had to go without a meal he would take it as evidence that the Lord did not will the work to continue. Sometimes the meal time was almost at hand and they did not know where the food would come from, but the Lord always sent it in due time, during the twenty thousand or more days that Mr. Muller had charge of the homes."

JSR/