[CS-FSLUG] Real Player Rhapsode for Linux

Robert W. robertwo at insightbb.com
Sat Jan 21 11:25:13 CST 2006

On 01/21/2006 01:10:56 AM, Timothy Butler wrote:
> At least for me, the problem, of course, is if you want a certain
> song, it really doesn't matter what Mindawn does, since I don't
> believe they carry any major artists. I don't think the RIAA and
> ASCAP are going to be too thrilled with the idea of a DRM-less
> digital distribution system. (I really don't blame them -- its one
> thing to have DRM-less CD's, but it is far too convenient to violate
> copyright laws with high quality DRM-less downloads.

Actually, it's easy to violate the license. Restrictions on
distribution are not placed by the law. They are placed by the
copyright holder. It's against the law to violate the license. But the
law does not dictate the terms of that license.

DRM is not necessary in any way shape or form. It is wanted by the RIAA
and ASCAP. You should blame them. They are solely responsible.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at insightbb.com

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you. -- Matthew 7:7