[CS-FSLUG] Real Player Rhapsode for Linux

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Jan 21 21:08:34 CST 2006

> DRM is not necessary in any way shape or form. It is wanted by the
> RIAA
> and ASCAP. You should blame them. They are solely responsible.

	I don't like DRM either, but honestly, I wonder if it is possible to
give it up in a society that most people think it is perfectly OK to
pirate software and music. Far too many people -- people who
otherwise would never break the law -- blatantly ignore the limits of
fair use. A small, but sizable minority won't play by the rules and
now the other side is overreacting.

	FairPlay is transparent enough that it seems reasonable to me.
Although a watermark-based DRM seems preferable to me (and virtually
-- completely? -- unbreakable).

	-Tim
---
Timothy R. Butler | "Now  that  I am a  Christian  I  do have moods
Editor, OfB.biz   | in which the whole thing looks very improbable:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | but when I was an  atheist I had moods in which
timothybutler.us  | Christianity looked terribly probable."
                                                       -- C.S. Lewis