[CS-FSLUG] OT: Re-introductions.

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:44:28 CST 2006

> It seems people in this list have gotten around a fair bit, but I'm
> sorry to say I've forgotten a lot of you. I was wondering if some
> people might be interested in re-introducing themselves.

Let's see...
I'm Raphaël Pinson. Previously studying aeronautical engineering in
Poitiers, France, I stopped a year ago and began to study pedagogy and
working on creating a company in this field.

I began using Linux in 2002 with YellowDogLinux on my old PowerMac
4400/200, then switched to Mandrake 9 when I bought a new PC and used
it for a year till Mandriva 2005.
In March of this year, I began to work on a live CD based on Knoppix
and aimed to Christian users, called Ichthux. Soon after, I met other
guys with the same kind of projects and we turned this project into a
Custom Debian Distribution, keeping the name Ichthux. At this time, I
switched to Debian and began to package for the Ichthux project.
In October, I switched my box to Kubuntu and haven't been back on
Debian since (except in chroots ;)). I'm now a packager for Ubuntu.

So today I'm thinking of finding a job (that can help sometimes),
probably teaching Linux in companies. I want to get back to developing
Ichthux soon enough, when I feel it's the right time, and I get more
and more involved in helping in Ubuntu. I'm hoping to get to be an
Ubuntu member soon enough :)

Raphaël

Raphaël Pinson - raphink at ichthux.org
http://raphink.multiply.org