[CS-FSLUG] LCD monitors

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 20 10:12:51 CST 2006

I've been told (and my limited experience confirms) that an LCD monitors
really only run properly at max resolution.  When resolution is decreased
(to 800x600 say), the icons and text become blurry.  Video card does not
appear to affect this behaviour.  Working with both WinXP and Linux.

Does this mean LCD monitors are not a good match for a visually impaired
persons that want larger icons/text.  Yes, there are other settings to
produce similar effect, but I'm thinking most of these need to be set for
each application?