[CS-FSLUG] Printer and Samba or...

he7316575 he7316575 at yahoo.se
Wed Dec 6 01:40:26 CST 2006

OK. So I have changed once more. The "brown" computer has the following
cupsd.conf file

#
#
# Sample configuration file for the Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS)
# scheduler. See "man cupsd.conf" for a complete description of this
# file.
#

# Log general information in error_log - change "info" to "debug" for
# troubleshooting...
LogLevel warning

# Administrator user group...
SystemGroup lpadmin

# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
# These settings are configured in /etc/cups/cups.d/ports.conf so that
# changing them does not require to change this file.
# Listen localhost:631
# Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

# Show shared printers on the local network.
# The 'Browsing' setting is configured in /etc/cups/cups.d/browse.conf
# so that changing it does not require to change this file.
# Browsing Off

BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow @LOCAL
BrowseAddress @LOCAL

# Default authentication type, when authentication is required...
DefaultAuthType Basic

# Restrict access to the server...
<Location />
Order allow,deny
Allow localhost
Allow @LOCAL
</Location>

# Restrict access to the admin pages...
<Location /admin>
Order allow,deny
Allow localhost
</Location>

# Restrict access to configuration files...
<Location /admin/conf>
AuthType Basic
Require user @SYSTEM
Order allow,deny
Allow localhost
</Location>

# Set the default printer/job policies...
<Policy default>
# Job-related operations must be done by the owner or an adminstrator...
<Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job
Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription
Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job
Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job CUPS-Move-Job>
Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
Order deny,allow
</Limit>

# All administration operations require an adminstrator to authenticate...
<Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Set-Printer-Attributes
Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job
Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer
Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job
Schedule-Job-After CUPS-Add-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Class
CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs CUPS-Set-Default>
AuthType Basic
Require user @SYSTEM
Order deny,allow
</Limit>

# Only the owner or an administrator can cancel or authenticate a job...
<Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
Order deny,allow
</Limit>

<Limit All>
Order deny,allow
</Limit>
</Policy>

# Include files in /etc/cups/conf.d
Include /etc/cups/cups.d/ports.conf
Include /etc/cups/cups.d/browse.conf

#
#

Robert W. skrev:
> On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 22:24 +0100, he7316575 wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I read Your message too fast.
>> I have found another folder and file
>> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
>>
>> /Hilding
>>
>> Robert W. skrev:
>>
>>> On "brown"...
>>> 1. Edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
>>> 2. Add the line "BrowseAllow all"
>>> 3. Comment out any other lines that start with "BrowseAllow"
>>> 4. Add "Listen *"