[CS-FSLUG] Dealing with Samba and XP

Hilding he7316575 at yahoo.se
Thu Dec 7 09:31:28 CST 2006

*Some questions about "SettingUpSamba":  "mount your share" - is that
the folder that I have share for everyone on my network?
I am quoting
*https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SettingUpSamba#head-ef9b96864b8c44ebe5891fe9ac7f5da1ed46d1bc

Change the permissions on the file for security:

    chmod 0600 /etc/Samba/user

Now create a directory where you want to mount your share (e.g.
/mnt/data): */my question: does it mean that /data is the name of the
folder where I will put all the files I will like to share?*

    mkdir /mnt/data

This is the next step:
Now edit the file system table (/etc/fstab) and add a line as follows:

    //server/share   /mnt/data   smbfs
credentials=/etc/Samba/user,rw,uid=bob   0   0

where 'bob' is the non-root user you log into ubuntu with, 'server' is
the name or address of the Windows machine and 'share' is the name of
the share.

Använder du Yahoo!?
Är du trött på spam?  Yahoo! E-post har det bästa spamskyddet som finns
http://se.mail.yahoo.com