[CS-FSLUG] ADMIN: Proposed Merger with Sakamuyo

Don Parris dcparris at carolina.rr.com
Sun Aug 13 23:11:39 CDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-12 at 00:31 -0500, Timothy Butler wrote:

> > I'm not sure I have much interest in subscribing to multiple lists
> > though.  I'm already over-subscribed as it is.
>
> 	Hmm... so long as the amount of posts stayed the same, would it make
> a difference? My primary goal with this would be to allow those who
> only want the technical discussions to subscribe just to the
> technical portion of CS, while allowing everyone else to opt to
> receive the whole thing by subscribing to one or two other lists that
> would envelope what just one list covers right now.
>
> 	Thoughts?

Tim, what I've always liked about this list is that I can mix faith and
technology.  I can post a prayer request, or raise a question that
pertains more to faith than technology, though I try to keep my posts
mostly tech-oriented.  Of course, I would have thought that the point of
having a 'Christian' FOSS list is to discuss FOSS in the context of
faith.

There are plenty of forums where you can get "tech-only" or "faith-only"
discussions.  It might be better to hold the theological discussions on
another list.  Frankly, I have found the theological discussions both
challenging and helpful.  Dividing the discussions this way means I am
likely to lose sight of one or the other.  Regardless, I would still
like to see prayer requests allowed on this list.

Blessings,
Don