[CS-FSLUG] ADMIN: Proposed Merger with Sakamuyo

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Aug 16 20:09:07 CDT 2006

It may turn out that we'd be best off to merge the groups in "spirit"
rather than in actual structure. I just figured people would
subscribe to whatever subset of topics they were interested in (most
current CS subscribers would subscribe to all). This is sort of the
way it was when I was a participant in the KDE community -- each
major topic had its own list and many really interested members
subscribed to them all. It was one big community, but people could
opt out of areas they were totally uninterested in by not subscribing
to that topic. It didn't seem like an issue for CS members to me
inasmuch as that was true -- the only real change is that you'd have
to remember to send your message to the appropriate address for the
topic.

If this merger went through, and we called the group CSTSN (we
probably wouldn't, but just bear with me), then prayers would go to
the separate cstsn-prayers list, the tech portion to cstsn-linux, the
theology to cstsn-theology, etc. This would all correspond directly
to the forum structure presently seen at sakamuyo.org. Having it all
mixed prevents a clean connection between the web based forum
interface and the mailing list interface, if you see what I mean.

Personally, I've grown to rather like using the forum interface, and
it'd allow for some neat integration with RSS, etc. For example TSN
had long planned a members blog aggregator, and Eduardo suggested
this would be a very good thing for the CS members as well.

Given that we haven't received much positive feedback on the idea,
I'll put my thinking cap back on. Thoughts are welcome.

	-Tim